School History

History

Dripstone Middle School is named after the nearby Dripstone Caves, which provided the site for RAAF No 31 Radar Station during World War 2. That unit began operations in January 1942, and supported Australian and United States aircraft against enemy bombers until the end of the war.

From 2006, Dripstone has operated as a Middle School. This has provided the opportunity for the School to focus on the education of students in Years 7, 8 and 9 by providing programs and support for students at this important stage of learning.

Our School motto “A Community of Achievers” highlights our commitment to have high expectations and deliver programs that are challenging and actively engage all our students.

Dripstone Middle School has excellent facilities providing opportunities for a full range of subjects to be taught within a Middle Year's framework. The physical facilities are complimented by outstanding school grounds, setting the school in a parkland environment.

 

Facilities

The design of the building caters for practical work areas downstairs such as Technology, Physical Education, Science, Home Economics, Art and Photography. The classrooms upstairs radiate around the Library/Resource Center.