Dripstone Middle School's Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Program gives freedom to students and their families to tailor their choice of technology to their own educational needs and therefore create a greater educational experience for students. Bringing your own technology has been a highly successful initiative which is extremely popular with students, parents and staff. Students who have participated in the BYOT program have expressed there are considerable advantages in having one's own device and accessing it from both home and school. Dripstone Middle School provides additional information within this webpage to assist parents and students in selecting the most appropriate device to enhance the learning experiences and success of your child.
The BYOT program is optional and the school maintains a level of service to allow students to access technology throughout the day. However, we would urge you to consider either now or sometime in the future, purchasing a device for your child, and your child being a part of the BYOT program.
Services established to help accommodate for students who bring their own device are;
- NTSchools Guest Wi-Fi Network
- The NTSchools Guest wireless network is used in the NTSchools environment to allow devices such as personal laptops, tablets and smartphones to connect to the internet within our school.
- Free Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
- Office 365 allows students to create and share documents from multiple computers using the cloud.
- Office 365 allows students to download and install Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus Apps on up to five personal PC's and Macs.
For more information on how to access and use student services please contact the school.
Good News - Microsoft Office Apps Now Available For Tablets
Microsoft Office Apps are now available on most new Apple and Android Tablets, making the often more affordable and portable choice of devices more productive in a classroom environment. Students can use their NTSchools username and password to log into the Office Apps giving them the ability to link up to their Office 365 account. It is recommended that you enquire as to whether the Microsoft Office Apps are available on the device you are considering before purchasing a tablet.
Choosing A Device
Before choosing a device please take some time to read the following information on recommended device specifications and software.
Recommended Specifications and Software for devices
- Insurance for accidental loss or damage
- Bluetooth keyboard/case (for Tablets)
- Protective case or bag
- Anti-Virus/Malware Software
Note that students will be accountable for their own device and the school does not take responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged devices. All Students must abide by the rules set out in our Cybersafety agreement when using personal devices at Dripstone Middle School.